- Aware of the request: the first step, you need to visit the website of the medical school that you wish and check the admissions requirements. The input conditions usually include study results, language certificates (such as IELTS), the relevant documents, personal essay, work experience and the UKCAT test points (clinical ability test).
In particular, international applicants need to make sure his professional papers are accepted in the United Kingdom. You can find the Admissions Office of the school to ask about this problem.
In addition, work experience is also an important requirement for the medical school. With MBBS at UCLan, you need at least 2 weeks of practical work in the medical facility and had at least 6 months doing volunteer.
If you discover you’ve already missed the UKCAT exam deadline before applying, don’t panic, you can test it after the filing.
- Preparing early and meticulous records!: to give yourself plenty of time to prepare, be began to compose as soon as possible and check them thoroughly before submitting.
For a profile, you need to pay particular attention to the instructions. Make sure you create the initial good impression and avoid causing a delay in the process and approve your profile.
If possible, ask your friends, family or teachers review the documents such as the letter of expectation before pressing “send”
- Use effective aspirations: an important part of your profile is a personal aspiration (SoP). Basically, this is the short essay indicating achievements, your ambitions and why you want to study. The article is limited (approximately 4000 characters) should you need to use them wisely. UCAS’s website provides many sources to reference, and UCLan also has specific instructions regarding written Sops to enroll in medical school.
In the message, you need to find out about the medical profession, highlight the work experience or volunteer involved, demonstrate teamwork, communication and presentation skills and do turn up the self-and co-curricular activities.
Try adding your content to more convincing section, such as prizes that you received, which challenges you to overcome or project that you participated in.
- Be sure you have a letter of recommendation: you will be required to submit 1 or 2 material (similar letters of recommendation) to support his profile.
You need to make sure that you have at least one letter of recommendation from a former faculty or instructor though you have school for a time.
The additional material can come from colleagues in the same field or volunteer work, however, the message of a reputable person who works in the academic environment is required.
- Make sure recommendation letters and SoP of you “match”: student recruitment professionals will have a good impression with these referral records and SoP in sync with each other.
Letters of recommendation should reinforce and confirm the information you declare in the SoP, to provide evidence and examples for the seriously for medical studies. Some content may cause is sympathetic in the letter of recommendation which is calculated persistence, communication and presentation skills, the spirit of cooperation when working group … of you.
To ensure your message is written to include all the necessary points in the mail, send that person a copy of SoP and any directions of the field that you want to apply.
- Ready for the interview directly: If you meet the criteria and expectations as well as your introduction letter to impress the Admissions Committee, you will be invited to an interview.
For some of the UK’s medical school, candidates can be interviewed in Vietnam, but others will require you to come to the interview directly. This helps to ensure that the process of evaluation is done consistently, and this is also a good opportunity for students to explore the future of schools, meet the Faculty and put to them the question, if available.